Grapes: 100% Gamay
Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès is a special cuvée from old vines that cover 24 acres. The soil of the Clos de Rochegrès is granitic, fairly shallow and overlies an extremely hard bedrock. After a portion of the grapes are destemmed, the wine is vinified in closed vats with pumping over. The wine is then matured in oak barrels for 10 to 11 months.
Wine & Spirits2019 vintage
Clos de Rochegrès has fine rose and peony aromas and flavors with a touch of minerals. The wine is generous on the palate thanks to its elegant, long-lasting tannins.
This wine will perfectly match red meats in sauce, venison and other game and most cheeses.
GRAPES: 100% Gamay
points of distinction
- Moulin-à-Vent is considered the region’s most Burgundian cru.
- A single vineyard wine from a great Beaujolais Cru
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 to 20 years
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py