Atop the hierarchy of Beaujolais Crus are Moulin-à-Vent and Morgon, with notable ageing potential. Morgon is robust and structured and can mature for a minimum 5-20 years. Purchased by Maison Louis Jadot in 2001, this south- to southeast-facing vineyard is situated on the slopes over the village of Villié Morgon. It covers 87.5 acres of the Morgon appellation, one of the 10 Crus of Beaujolais. This wine is vinified in vats for 10 to 20 days and then matured in oak barrels before bottling.
Tasting Panel2017 vintage
Wine Advocate2018 vintage
Very deep in color, this wine - blend of three single vineyards (Bellevue, Côte du Py & Roche noire) - shows a brilliant and large aromatic palette (spices, ripen black fruit). On the palate, the tannins are still a bit firm - which indicates the potential of ageing – and they are well balanced by a great tension.
A perfect partner for charcuterie, pasta in a rich cream sauce, pizza and pretty much any meat.
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py