Lunita Pinot Noir
AVAILABLE MARKETS - New York, New Jersey, Connecticut
Lunita’s grapes are completely de-stemmed and placed in small round cement vats. Because the local soils have a large component of clay, this wine is made by infusion and fermented on indigenous yeasts at temperatures that do not exceed 74 degrees Fahrenheit. It is fermented more by a process of infusion than one of extraction. The wine is then aged in its own lees in used French barrels and bottled without filtration.
Lunita shows a beautiful floral nose with predominant notes of rose petals, its tannins are very well integrated, soft and silky, a typical trait of old engraft vineyard wines. Its structure is present without being overpowering and it displays a long finish with cherry notes and a bit of earthyness.
Poultry, roast-beef, also stews and roasted vegetables, such as beets or other winter roots.
points of distinction
- Organic and biodynamic
- Vines planted in 1950’s; low yields
- Aged on its own lees in used French barrels; bottled without filtration.
vineyard details +
Lunita vineyard is a small plot of ungrafted Pinot Noir vines of masale selection that is farmed in an organic and biodynamic fashion. The soil composition is a mix of clay, pebbles, sand and limestone, however the clay is the predominant element. The vines were planted in the 1950’s and have low yields.
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, Owner
“I wanted to make pure, authentic Pinot Noir with its own special character—and then I found these forgotten, old vines in Patagonia….”
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Barda
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Mainqué Chardonnay
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Chardonnay
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Cincuenta y Cinco Pinot Noir
- quick view Chacra Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir