Cincuenta y Cinco Pinot Noir
AVAILABLE MARKET - Florida
Cincuenta y Cinco comes from vineyards planted in 1955 which gently rest on a sea of pebbles, typical in riverbed soils. It is fermented whole cluster at very low temperatures, enhancing the floral characteristics of the wine. Cincuenta y Cinco has the highest amount of tension of all the Chacra wines while it still retains a comfortable ease.
There is a wonderful purity in this wine with dried strawberry and iodine. This refined red mixes crushed bilberry and cherry fruit with undertones of smoke, game and mineral. A fine length.
Pairs well with duck confit, beef empanadas, filet mignon, mushroom risotto, and seared salmon.
points of distinction
- Single vineyard Pinot Noir from a vineyard planted in 1955 with ungrafted vines.
- Vineyard sits gently on a sea of soft, rounded pebbles from a nearby riverbed.
- Matured for 14 months in French oak barrels for greater complexity.
- A 100% biodynamic and 100% certified organic Pinot Noir
vineyard details +
Cincuenta y Cinco Vineyard
Purchased in 2006, the 1955 vineyard consists of vines planted in that year. These old vines, growing on their own rootstocks, produce reduced quantities of concentrated fruit.
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, Owner
“I wanted to make pure, authentic Pinot Noir with its own special character—and then I found these forgotten, old vines in Patagonia….”
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Lunita Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Barda
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Mainqué Chardonnay
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Chardonnay
- quick view new Chacra Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir