AVAILABLE MARKET - Florida
Made in collaboration with Jean-Marc Roulet of Domaine Roulot in Meursault, this single vineyard Chardonnay is produced from 40-year old vines planted in mineral soils with alluvial stones covered in calcaire. To capture the truest expression of the vineyard and terroir, the wine is vinified in a mixture of concrete and stainless steel tanks, as well as used, neutral French oak barrels. The wine is made 100% organically and biodynamically.
The wine is intense, energetic, high pitched, and lively. On the palate, it is round, austere, refined and mineral-driven. It has a dry mouthfeel and a saltiness that is natural to the Rio Negro area of Patagonia.
Pairs well with glazed salmon, butter poached scallops, frisee aux lardons, and aged, nutty cheeses.
points of distinction
- Made in collaboration with Jean-Marc Roulot of Domaine Roulot in Burgundy.
- Chardonnay comes from 40-year-old vines planted in alluvial and calcareous soils.
- 15% of wine aged in 1st-use French oak barrels, 85% aged in 2nd and 3rd use barrels.
- A 100% biodynamic and 100% certified organic Chardonnay
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, Owner
“I wanted to make pure, authentic Pinot Noir with its own special character—and then I found these forgotten, old vines in Patagonia….”
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Lunita Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Barda
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Mainqué Chardonnay
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Cincuenta y Cinco Pinot Noir
- quick view new Chacra Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir