Single Vineyard Temis
In 2001, Alta Vista became the first Argentine winery to produce single vineyard wines. Alta Vista developed its Terroir Management® system for wine growing and winemaking, wherein grapes grown in distinctive sites express the true characteristics of each vineyard through distinctive wines. Similar to Single Vineyard Alizarine and Serenade, Temis is aged for 12 months in new French oak barrels and an additional 6 months in bottle before release. This vineyard is sited at over 3,000 feet in altitude in Valle de Uco, and the vines are over seventy years old. This light soil is sandy with some silt, is very permeable and has boulders and a broken layer of limestone at a depth of 2.5 feet. Traditional irrigation is fed by water from the Andes Mountains. Temis has the coldest climate of all Alta Vista’s terroirs. Nights are quite cool and days are warm and soft, with constant breezes that help to keep the vines and grapes healthy. The grapes have a slow, gradual cycle of ripeness that is balanced and ideal. Planted in 1942, the selection massale vines are characterized by small clusters with small, compact grapes. Wine from this vineyard has an expressive bouquet of fresh fruits with floral notes, and soft, suave tannins in the mouth.
Wine Spectator2015 vintage
Exhibits fresh fruit and floral aromas before remarkably round flavors on the palate. With sweet tannins, the wine displays great balance between wine and wood characters and a long finish.
This wine is a great match with grilled beef steak, slow-roasted lamb or veal.
points of distinction
- In 2001, Alta Vista was first winery in Argentina to produce single vineyard wines
- Vineyard was planted in 1942
- Yields are low: just 1 bottle per vine
- Since 2006 vintage, Alta Vista has received no score below 91 pts. from major wine publications
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature