Taurasi DOCG 2015
Grapes: 100% Aglianico
After Stemming and pressing of bunches, the must is given a cold maceration on the skins, then ferments slowly at 79° F. Afterward the wine macerates on the skins for over 20 days, with daily pumpovers and délestages. Malolactic fermentation follows;
Blue Lifestyle2015 vintage
The 2015 harvest had abundant rainfall throughout the region leading to good accumulation of water reserves in the land. The not-too-hot spring was characterized by lowering of temperature which led to a late budding, longer blooming while the setting was completed regularly. Summer was characterized by very high average temperatures. At Villa Matilde in both Roccamonfina and Pietrafusa areas, diseases attacks were not recorded, thus obtaining sound and healthy grape. 2015 can therefore be awarded as a vintage to remember of excellent quality and quantity.
Elegant, rich of velvet tannins with wild cherries, blackberry, spicy vanilla and tobacco scents. The palate is full, with an elegant texture and Kinely balanced.
Ideal for barbecue or meat-based pasta dishes.
GRAPES: 100% Aglianico
ACIDITY: 5.5 g/l
AGING: Half ages in Allier oak small barrels, half in Slavonian oak large casks, for 12 months. Followed by 12 months of maturation in bottle.
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 0.8 g/l
points of distinction
- An elegant example of Taurasi
- Aged for 18 months in oak casks and barriques and an additional 12 months in bottle
about the grape +
Aglianico is a black grape grown in the southern regions of Italy, mostly Basilicata and Campania. The vine originated in Greece and was brought to the south of Italy by Greek settlers
Villa Matilde is an immortal wine with more than 3000 years of history. It is known to be the most prestigious and valuble wine during the Roman age and the favorite drink of the Emperors and Poets.
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Rosso DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falerno del Massico Bianco DOP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Greco di Tufo DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Fiano di Avellino DOCG
- quick view new Villa Matilde Falanghina Campania IGP
- quick view new Villa Matilde Aglianico Campania IGP