Sauvignon Blanc New Zealand 2011
Grapes: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Grapes are destemmed, pressed and cold-settled overnight. Cool fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks to capture fruit purity. Aged on fine lees for two months to add weight and richness, the lots are then blended, gently fined and filtered.
Cliff's Wine Picks2011 vintage
Quarterly Review of Wines
Lifted aromas of red currant, passion fruit and spearmint combine for an intense bouquet. The palate has prominent fresh acidity balanced by an intense core of fruit where characters of lime and apple come to mind. The palate is seamless and refreshing.
Ideally suited to shellfish, salads, citrus-sauced dishes, ocean voyages and park blanket reconnaissance.
GRAPES: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
ACIDITY: 7.6 g/l
AGING: 2 months in tank on fine lees
points of distinction
- Selected by Steve Smith, MW
- Grapes sourced from two prized growing regions for Sauvignon Blanc; Marlborough for round, full flavors and Martinborough for rich, citrus flavors
- Vinified in stainless steel, not oak, giving the wine a fresh, crisp character
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly and well-suited for wines meant to be enjoyed on release
about the grape +
Sauvignon Blanc has vivid, assertive aromas and flavors of gooseberries, citrus, herbs framed by tangy acidity. Oak contact adds tropical fruit, vanilla, lanolin and toast notes.
– Captain Cornelius Weatherbee
“The only thing I require for manhunts that cross the Seven Seas, giant metal octopus or no. Absolutely essential.”
- quick view new The Seeker Pinot Grigio
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view new The Seeker Riesling
- quick view new The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend