Grapes: 100% Riesling
These Riesling grapes were discovered by a husband and wife team in the famed Mosel region of Germany. Vineyard sites in Trittenheim and Piesport are steep with fine, mineral-rich slate soil and optimal exposure to sun and wind, giving the wine its distinctive, classic and world-renowned flavors. The vineyards are 100% hand-harvested to ensure top-quality grape selection. Traditional wine-making methods are observed, with individual wine-pressing techniques passed down through generations. Vinification takes place in stainless steel and oak casks over 4-6 weeks, followed by aging in tank and oak casks for 3-8 months.
New York International Wine Competition2016 vintage
Critics Challenge Competition2016 vintage
The season started with very variable weather in March and April after a relatively cold winter, the bud-break happened around the end of April. This short Bud-Break proceeded a spell of normal early growth and weather conditions, only to be confronted with a drought and heat-wave, that would be recorded as the hottest summer in Europe since 1976. Mid-September welcomed heavy rain with clement conditions ringing in an unusually early and record Riesling harvest.
Well balanced, with fine Fruity & mineral tones and elegant acidity.
A choice companion for meals the world over - sweet and spicy Asian, Indian, and of course German - while off chasing a cure-all.
GRAPES: 100% Riesling
APPELLATION: Mosel, QbA
ACIDITY: 6.3 g/l
AGING: Stainless steel and oak casks (no new oak)
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 25.5 g/l
points of distinction
- A distinctive, classic Riesling made from hand-harvested grapes
- Grown in choice Mosel sites from vines on fine, mineral-rich slate soil
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Lightweight glass and local sustainable printer
- Screw cap closure is practical and environmentally friendly
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio