Grapes: 100% Riesling
These Riesling grapes were discovered by a husband and wife team in the famed Mosel Valley in Germany. Steep vineyard sites in Trittenheim and Piesport feature fine, mineral-rich slate soil and optimal exposure to sun and wind, giving the wine its distinctive, classic and world-renowned flavors. The vineyards are 100% hand-harvested to ensure top-quality grape selection. Traditional wine-making methods are observed, with individual wine-pressing techniques passed down through generations. Vinification takes place in stainless steel and oak casks over 4-6 weeks, followed by aging in tank and oak casks for 3-8 months.
San Francisco International Wine Competition2018 vintage
New York International Wine Competition2016 vintage
Early budreak was triggered by mild temperatures early on in the season. Spring frosts and a hot summer brought pressures to the vineayrds. Heat and lack of rain made conditions difficult, late summer hail made vintners nervouse for the harvest to follow. For those spared from the hard frost and hail, quality was high.
Off-dry with crisp acidity and vibrant fruit, featuring citrus, stone fruits and pineapple with a mineral-infused finish.
A choice companion for meals the world over - sweet and spicy Asian, Indian, and of course German – and will also stand up on its own as an exceptional aperitif.
GRAPES: 100% Riesling
APPELLATION: Mosel, QbA
ACIDITY: 7.20 g/l
AGING: Stainless steel and oak casks (no new oak)
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 28 g/l
points of distinction
- A distinctive, classic Riesling made from hand-harvested grapes grown in choice Mosel sites from vines on fine, mineral-rich slate soil
- Off-dry with a fine balance between light sweetness and crisp acidity
- Ideal with difficult-to-pair foods, including sweet and spicy fare
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Lightweight glass and local sustainable printer
- Screw cap closure is practical and environmentally friendly, without compromising the quality of the wine
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio