Grapes: 100% Riesling
These Riesling grapes were discovered by a husband and wife team in the famed Mosel Valley in Germany. Steep vineyard sites in Trittenheim and Piesport feature fine, mineral-rich slate soil and optimal exposure to sun and wind, giving the wine its distinctive, classic and world-renowned flavors. The vineyards are 100% hand-harvested to ensure top-quality grape selection. Traditional wine-making methods are observed, with individual wine-pressing techniques passed down through generations. Vinification takes place in stainless steel and oak casks over 4-6 weeks, followed by aging in tank and oak casks for 3-8 months.
New York International Wine Competition2015 vintage
Sunset International Wine Competition2015 vintage
Typical winter conditions led to a normal bud break. An unstable June led to a very long but untroubled flowering period. The summer was extremely hot and dry leading to some water stress on the vines and most importantly delaying ripening. Uneven weather in September made winegrowers nervous, but this gave way to exceptional weather in October for harvest: cool, dry and sunny, keeping sugar levels in check and locking in an exceptional vintage.
Off-dry with crisp acidity and vibrant fruit, featuring citrus, stone fruits and pineapple with a mineral-infused finish.
A choice companion for meals the world over - sweet and spicy Asian, Indian, and of course German – and will also stand up on its own as an exceptional aperitif.
GRAPES: 100% Riesling
APPELLATION: Mosel, QbA
ACIDITY: 7.9 g/L
AGING: Stainless steel and oak casks (no new oak)
points of distinction
- A distinctive, classic Riesling made from hand-harvested grapes grown in choice Mosel sites from vines on fine, mineral-rich slate soil
- Off-dry with a fine balance between light sweetness and crisp acidity
- Ideal with difficult-to-pair foods, including sweet and spicy fare
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Lightweight glass and local sustainable printer
- Screw cap closure is practical and environmentally friendly, without compromising the quality of the wine
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio