Red Blend 2017
/ Central Valley
Grapes: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlotand 25% Syrah
A luscious and fruit-forward Red Blend, these grapes were hand-picked and hand-selected from 17-year-old vineyards planted in clay and alluvial soils in the Colchagua and Maipo Valleys. A dry climate and proximity to the Andes produce wide diurnal temperature swings, maintaining the grapes’ acidity levels while encouraging full flavor ripening. Grapes are destemmed before undergoing a cold maceration to extract black fruit notes. The must is fermented at 82 - 88°F with 3 pumpovers per day. After a total of 21 days’ skin contact, half of the wine is aged in American and French oak.
San Diego International Wine Competition2017 vintage
The grapes were selected and hand-harvested during the first week of April for the Merlot, then the Syrah starting the second one and finally the Cabernet during the last week of April.
Has a deep red ruby color. It has ripe plum aromas, with black berries and some spices framed by vanilla notes coming from the ageing. With a good structure, juicy loaded ripe black fruit combined with some complex notes of oak.
Brilliant with barbecue, burgers, roasts, stews, and chocolate desserts.
GRAPES: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlotand 25% Syrah
APPELLATION: Central Valley
ACIDITY: 4.30 g/l
AGING: 75% of the wine had oak contact during 6 months
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.14 g/l
points of distinction
- A truly global Red Blend, luscious and fruit-forward, with black fruits accented by vanilla and chocolate
- Aged in French and American Oak for exceptional richness and complexity
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable practices in the vineyards and winery, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly and well-suited for wines meant to be enjoyed on release
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Merlot makes plump, succulent wines to drink young or opulently massive wines for aging. Has silky, blackberry and currant fruit, with spice, earth, tobacco and chocolate notes, and soft tannins.
Syrah has seductively dense, rich, chewy black berry aromas and flavors, with notes of tar, wood smoke, bacon, leather, chocolate, and sometimes violets. The tannins are firm yet elegant.
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio