Malbec Mendoza Argentina 2009
Grapes: 85% Malbec, 10% Bonarda, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
Fruit comes from vineyard sites in Agrelo and Vistaflores in Lujan de Cuyo and grapes are handpicked, destemmed and manually sorted, with only perfectly ripe fruit contributing to Winemaker Didier Debono’s luscious Malbec blend. Cold maceration takes place in stainless steel tanks at 6 to 8°C (43 to 46°F) for four to five days to extract aromatic precursors. Post-fermentation maceration lasts from 7 to 10 days, followed by malolactic fermentation. The wine is aged in French oak for one year, followed by a minimum of two months in bottle before release.
Aromas of fresh red fruit and spice dominate. On the palate, this wine is smooth and robust, with juicy, ripe black cherry flavors culminating in a lingering, spicy finish.
Perfectly matched to cured or grilled meats, game, Cajun and Indian-style foods and tinkering with creations . . . never mind the crash.
GRAPES: 85% Malbec, 10% Bonarda, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 5.74 g/l
AGING: 12 months in French oak barrels, a minimum of 2 months in bottle
points of distinction
- Fruit sourced from high-altitude sites in Lujan de Cuyo, one of Mendoza’s finest winegrowing zones
- A luscious blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Bonarda
- Made with handpicked and sorted fruit
- Natural cork closure
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
– Esteban Colombo
“Masterful, like soaring to new heights and never having to fall back to earth.”
- quick view new The Seeker Pinot Grigio
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view new The Seeker Riesling
- quick view new The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend