Grapes: 100% Sangiovese
Nozzole estate consists of 1,000 acres of vineyards at 300 meters in elevation in the Chianti Classico zone. In order to obtain concentration and complexity in the wine, yields are kept low. The grapes were hand harvested, destemmed and crushed. Fermentation was initiated on the skins in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks and maceration lasted 15-20 days. The wine was racked into stainless steel tanks for malolactic fermentation before aging for 16 months in large Slavonian oak vats followed by a minimum of 3 months in bottle before release.
2014 began with a warm, wet winter and spring. The rains and humidity continued throughout the summer. This wet weather provided for a difficult growing year that led to smaller crops then usual but produced gorgeous, elegant wines.
Crisp, ripe, red berry and cherry aromas are shaped by vibrant, fresh acidity. In the mouth, flavors show classic Sangiovese notes of earth, mushrooms and leather, with a backbone of firm yet elegant tannins.
Pairs well with meats and meat pasta sauces, poultry and hard cheeses.
GRAPES: 100% Sangiovese
APPELLATION: Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
ACIDITY: 5.2 g/l
points of distinction
- A classic, traditional Chianti from the Folonari family, making wine since the 1700s
- Estate bottled, from a highly regarded estate
about the grape +
Sangiovese has aromas of black cherries with alluring wood, smoke, tar and herbal notes. The best wines made from this grape have incredible complexity, depth, finesse and power.
On land that has supported winegrapes for seven centuries, Tenuta di Nozzole produces wines that respect both tradition and innovation.
- quick view new Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole La Forra Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Villa Nozzole Chianti Classico DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Le Bruniche Chardonnay Toscana IGT