Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 2007
Grapes: 100% Chardonnay
Produced only in exceptional vintage years and intended as the ultimate expression of the Taittinger style, this wine is composed entirely of Chardonnay grapes grown in the top vineyards of the prestigious Côte des Blancs. Only the first press juice is used. A small proportion (5%) of the blend spends three to four months in new oak barrels, enhancing the intrinsic qualities of the final blend. Prior to disgorgement, the Blanc de Blancs is aged for 10 years on the lees in 13th-century chalk cellars that were once the property of Saint Nicaise abbey.
Tasting Panel2007 vintage
After a mild winter, and unusually warm temperatures, growth started early. However, in May, the region developed unpleasant weather and the conditions interfered with the vines’ flowering period. The grapes matured a little slower as a result of the mostly cold and gloomy summer. Thankfully at the end of August came the return of the sun and the fruit began to mature perfectly. Harvesting did not being until the end of August and was carried out under a cold, dry wind. This resulted in a healthy quality crop. The Chardonnay grapes were delicate and clear, and their citrus and white fruit aromas showed great potential.
Golden with shimmers of green coating the constant stream of fine, delicate bubbles. Fine and delicate nose which combines white blossom and a certain minerality with general overtones of Anjou, light pear and golden raisins. Subtle hints of anise seed and smoky flavours follow this suggestion of fruit. The taste is vibrant, with a combination of lemon and saltiness. This is immediately followed by a sensation of complex, yet mellow freshness creating the perfect balance between ripeness and a full-rounded flavour. It is rounded off by a long-lasting, crisp finish with hints of salted butter.
Pairs very well with shellfish and fish.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
ACIDITY: 4.65 g/L
AGING: Aged in bottle for 10 years
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: Yes
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 9.95 g/l
points of distinction
- The wine for celebrations!
- The ultimate expression of the Taittinger style
- Produced only in exceptional vintage years
- Made entirely from Chardonnay grapes from the top vineyards of Côte des Blancs
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger, President
“If only once in your life . . . Comtes de Champagne.”
- quick view Taittinger Brut La Française
- quick view Taittinger Prestige Rosé
- quick view Taittinger Brut Millésimé
- quick view Taittinger Prélude Grands Crus
- quick view Taittinger Nocturne "City Lights"
- quick view Taittinger Nocturne Rosé "City Lights"
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Rosé
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Taittinger Les Folies de la Marquetterie
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Salgado
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Corneille
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Amadou Sow
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Rauschenberg
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Matta
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Zao Wou-Ki
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Imaï
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Hans Hartung
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Roy Lichtenstein
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Vieira da Silva
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: André Masson
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Arman
- quick view Taittinger Collection Series: Vasarely