Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
/ Alexander Valley
Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
The fruit for Reserve Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is grown at high elevations on sloped hillsides with good drainage. This naturally puts an element of stress on the vines which creates small clusters, small berries and intensified flavors. The grapes were hand-sorted and underwent a four-day cold soak prior to fermentation to extract optimal color and flavor. After primary fermentation, the wine is then aged in French oak barrels, 95% new, where it underwent malolactic fermentation, followed by 20 months of aging.
Wine & Spirits2013 vintage
High quality, outstanding fruit characteristics and generous yields describe the 2013 harvest. Harvest started slightly earlier than previous years after an ideal growing season that provided optimum temperatures for grapes to ripen. We had a wealth of sunshine and consistently warm days and cool nights, allowing the fruit ample time to develop full, rich flavors with great color and balance.
This is a rich and full-bodied Cabernet with deep, layered aromas and concentrated flavors of dark cherry, plum, cocoa bean and cedar. This wine shows off firm, structured tannins and a luxurious, lingering finish.
Excellent with blue cheese, wild mushrooms and ribeye steak
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
APPELLATION: Alexander Valley
AGING: Aged for 20 months in 100% French Oak barrels
points of distinction
- Aged in 100% French oak barrels (35% new) for 20 months
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
– Chris Louton, Winemaker
“An excellent expression of mountain Cabernet from Alexander Valley, this wine showcases great concentration of color, dark fruit aromas and a rich texture that reflects the vineyard from which the fruit is grown. Situated high above the fog line along the Western slopes of the Mayacamas Mountains, this Cabernet develops at a slow, steady pace which allows for full development of aromas, flavors while creating balanced acidities.”
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Pinot Noir
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Chardonnay
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Old Vines Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Claret
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Zinfandel