Le Orme 16 Months Barbera d’Asti DOCG 2015
/ Barbera d'Asti
Grapes: 100% Barbera
Michele Chiarlo sources grapes from strictly selected Barbera vineyards with excellent exposure to produce a superb, balanced wine. The choice vineyards are in the southern area of Asti province, especially the hills around Nizza Monferrato. Temperature controlled maceration and fermentation on the skins for 10 days in stainless steel tanks yields the dark, rich color that is typical of great Barberas. The wine is aged in large French oak casks for eight months before release.
Wine Spectator2015 vintage
Wine Enthusiast2015 vintage
The 2015 vintage saw abundant rainfall and snow during the winter, which was followed by an early spring with standard weather conditions. From June to mid-August, the weather was dry and sunny with high, but never excessive, temperatures. The region received essential rainfalls during the third week of August, which greatly contributed to a steady, excellent ripening of the grapes. The cool nights of September were welcomed for the formation of very fine and distinct aromas. The Barbera grape harvest was carried out in perfect conditions and only occurred slightly earlier than normal because of the early vegetative start. The 2015 vintage is certain to be an excellent year.
Ruby red in color, the wine is medium bodied and robust with rich, ripe cherries, raspberries, and blueberries on the nose and an elegant palate. We can foresee an interesting evolution combined with great longevity.
Barbera d'Asti is one of the wines with the great flexibility and perfectly combines with various dishes from chicken scallopini with sage and wild mushrooms to grilled or roasted red meats. We especially appreciate it with pasta with different sauces and with various red and white meat dishes; excellent also with fish cooked with rich sauces.
GRAPES: 100% Barbera
APPELLATION: Barbera d’Asti DOCG
ACIDITY: 5.70 g/l
AGING: 16 months in stainless steel, oak and bottle
points of distinction
- A classic Barbera from choice terroir
- Matured for 8 months in large oak casks for greater complexity
about the grape +
With relatively high acidity with low tannins, Barbera’s tart red berry aromas and flavors have spicy, herbal notes. Styles range from light quaffers to dense, concentrated wines for aging.
– Michele Chiarlo, Winemaker
“My aim has always been but one: quality.”
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Faset Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Asili Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view new Michele Chiarlo Cipressi Barbera Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Il Principe Langhe Nebbiolo DOC
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo La Court Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Tortoniano Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Reyna Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Madri Roero Arneis DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d'Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Barolo
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Barbera
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Nebbiolo da Barolo