/ Barbera d'Asti
Grapes: 100% Barbera
The 55-acre Tenuta Aluffi is one of the most prestigious estates in the southern part of Asti, near the town of Nizza Monferrato, a choice area for exceptional-quality Barbera. Within Aluffi is the La Court estate, with excellent soils of magnesium-rich calcareous marl and a beneficial south-southwest exposure. This jewel of vineyard land receives the fastidious attention of the Chiarlo family so that its old vines produce extraordinary grapes. Following fermentation in large oak casks, the wine is aged in oak for a minimum of 12 months.
Gambero Rosso2013 vintage
Wine Review Online2013 vintage
2013 will be remembered as the most delayed in the last 20 years. Winter was cold but average, with frequent snowfall and rain, that lasted from November to April. Beautiful and warm days arrived in June favoring a perfect summer growing season. In August, the beautiful weather continued with excellent day / night temperature variation. These conditions allowed for constant maturity with excellent development of aromas. At the turn of August and September there were three days of precipitation, followed by a month of good weather in October and finishing out the season with several days of rain. Because of the rains, the harvest took place very late, comparable to historic vintages of the 70s and 80s. Happily, all the grapes arrived at the winery in perfect maturity and health conditions. The red wines produced extraordinary results: wines rich, with very distinct scents and with great freshness.
Shows forward aromas of violets and spice before ripe flavors of black plum, dark chocolate and wild cherry. The wine has coiled, tangy acidity and a velvety texture.
Pairs well with red meat, sausage, game and tomato-based dishes such as pasta Bolognese.
GRAPES: 100% Barbera
APPELLATION: Barbera d’Asti Superiore DOCG
ACIDITY: 5.90 g/l
points of distinction
- A classic single vineyard Barbera from choice terroir.
- Matured for 12 months in oak casks for greater complexity.
about the grape +
With relatively high acidity with low tannins, Barbera’s tart red berry aromas and flavors have spicy, herbal notes. Styles range from light quaffers to dense, concentrated wines for aging.
– Michele Chiarlo, Winemaker
“My aim has always been but one: quality.”
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo Riserva DOCG
- quick view new Michele Chiarlo Rovereto Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Faset Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Asili Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cipressi Barbera Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Il Principe Langhe Nebbiolo DOC
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Tortoniano Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Reyna Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Orme 16 Months Barbera d’Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Madri Roero Arneis DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d'Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Barolo
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Barbera
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Nebbiolo da Barolo