Cipressi Barbera Nizza DOCG 2014
Grapes: 100% Barbera
The Cipressi wine gets its name from the Cipressi trees that are atop one of the hillsides of the chateau. Its color is ruby red with excellent depth and brillant reflections. The fragance is intense, with excellent complexity and pleasant notes of raspberries, cherries, and blackberry fruits.
Wine Enthusiast2014 vintage
Wine Spectator2014 vintage
After a winter with temperatures above the seasonal average, March witnessed a revival of the vegetation, followed by a wet spring with decent temperatures. In June, there was a strong start to summer with very high temperatures; these conditions lasted a little over a week, followed by alternate days of rain and sun. July and August were characterized by below average temperatures with many cloudy days and rain, though not excessive. In September the weather improved greatly, providing optimal conditions for a slow ripening and the development of perfumes. Harvesting took place from the 10th to 20th of October, when the grapes were healthy, showing good signs of their ripeness but a particularly low yield. Overall, the qualitative results, in a complicated year often hastily judged to be mediocre, are much better than expected.
Cipressi Nizza is an ample, well-structured wine that possesses excellent harmony and freshness.
This is a very pleasant wine, easy to match with many international dishes. It is especially good with pasta dishes with different sauces as well as poultry and red meats (beef and pork).
GRAPES: 100% Barbera
APPELLATION: Barbera Nizza
ACIDITY: 5.55 g/l
points of distinction
- Matured for one year in casks followed by 9-10 months of aging in the bottle
about the grape +
With relatively high acidity with low tannins, Barbera’s tart red berry aromas and flavors have spicy, herbal notes. Styles range from light quaffers to dense, concentrated wines for aging.
– Stefano Chiarlo, Winemaker
“My aim has always been but one: quality.”
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Asili Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Il Principe Langhe Nebbiolo DOC
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo La Court Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Tortoniano Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Reyna Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Orme 16 Months Barbera d’Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Madri Roero Arneis DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d'Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Barolo
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Barbera
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Nebbiolo da Barolo