Asili Barbaresco DOCG 2015
Grapes: 100% Nebbiolo
Asili is a prestigious and historic Geographical Indication of the Barbaresco DOCG, a designation which has made vinification possible in only four municipal districts in Langhe: Alba, Barbaresco, Neive and Treiso. A majestic and ample cru, which turns 360° around the eponymous hamlet. Michele Chiarlo Asili Barbaresco is known for its elegance, which comes from the terroir. The soils (calceareous marl) have a bluish color due to the high content of magnesium and manganese. The vines are planted in the guyot style, and have southwest exposure. In the cellar, high-temperature fermentation on the skins is followed by aging in 55-liter oak tonneaux and then in bottle before release.
Blue Lifestyle2015 vintage
Wine Spectator2015 vintage
The 2015 vintage was characterized by ideal weather that allowed the grapes to mature perfectly. Specifcally, the Nebbiolo grapes in Barbaresco benefted from rain in August, followed by a very sunny September. These weather conditions let the grapes mature slowly, fully ripening in time for harvest at the normal period. This vintage of Barbaresco has a remarkable structure that is defned by an elegant nose with notes of fruit and sweet spices while silky tannins and a rich body balance out the mouth. It is, without a doubt, a great vintage that is ready to drink while still young but is also ideal for long ageing.
The color is garnet red with brilliant hues. Aristrocratic elegance with notes of violets, red fruit an fine spices on the nose. The palate is complex and enchanting with silky tannins and a surprising length.
Great pairings for this wine are mushroom risottos, roast pork or rack of lamb.
GRAPES: 100% Nebbiolo
ACIDITY: 5.7 g/l
AGING: The wine was aged for 2 years, 18 months in 55hl oak vats, then 6 months in bottle
points of distinction
- A stellar example of single vineyard Barolo from the oldest Barolo cru
- Matured two years in oak barrels and one year in bottle before release
- V.I.V.A “SustainableWine”
about the grape +
Young Nebbiolo can be tough, acidic and tannic; but mature, its blackberry and wild cherry flavors and aromas develop complex and sublime violet, rose petal, truffle and tar notes.
– Stefano Chiarlo, Winemaker
“My aim has always been but one: quality.”
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo Riserva DOCG
- quick view new Michele Chiarlo Rovereto Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Faset Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Michele Chiarlo La Court Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cipressi Barbera Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Il Principe Langhe Nebbiolo DOC
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Tortoniano Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Reyna Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Orme 16 Months Barbera d’Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Madri Roero Arneis DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d'Asti DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Barolo
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Barbera
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Palás Grappa di Nebbiolo da Barolo