Grapes: 85% Malbec, 15% semi-dried Corvina
Masi’s specialty process of double fermentation is used with fresh Malbec grapes and a percentage of lightly-dried Corvina grapes. Vigneti La Arboleda is within the renowned wine region of Mendoza. Vineyards are situated at 950-1050 meters elevation in the Tupungato valley, with organically poor soil composed of many stones, sand and chalk, with good mineral content. Malbec grapes are gently pressed and fermented in stainless steel tanks for 16 days at 70-73°F. Masi’s speciality double fermentation technique uses selected yeasts and 30% of whole Corvina grapes given a brief appassimento treatment before pressing. Fermentation lasts 15 days at 64-68°F, followed by final fermentation and malolactic.
Harvesting began at the end of February. Climatic conditions are much more regular than last year, with a hot dry summer, as is normal for the region, which has given perfectly formed grapes in perfect condition. Such weather has meant that the strictly organic cultivation practices in the vineyard have not led to any problems, and interventions in the vineyard have been kept to the minimum. Following the trend this year for the Mendoza region, we are experimenting with slight reductions in yield per hectare compare to recent years. In general, the well balanced nature of the grapes in the vineyards means that the wines will be of excellent quality.
Deep ruby red in colour with violet tinged reflections. Ripe plums, blackberry jam and cocoa on the nose. Firm and well balanced on the palate with soft tannins and supporting acidity. Long finish with the fruit and spices first seen on the nose coming through again.
Pairs well with grilled or roast red meat and chickpea balls.
GRAPES: 85% Malbec, 15% semi-dried Corvina
APPELLATION: Rosso di Argentina
AGING: long ageing
points of distinction
- Masi's refined double fermentation technique
- Blends Argentinian characteristics of ripeness, power and expressiveness from Malbec
- Double fermentation gives full aromas, structure and soft tannins to a quality wine with long ageing potential.
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT