Grapes: 70% Corvina, 20% Rondinella, 10% Molinara
Located in Gargagnago, within the commune of Sant'Ambrogio di Valpolicella, this vineyard is part of the Conti Serego Alighieri family property. At 230-265 meters elevation, vineyards face southwest, with red soil rich in humus, on eocenic limestone and clay, with good drainage. Terraces are supported by dry stone walls call ‘marogne.’ Terrain and climatic conditions permit only limited production of very high-quality grapes. Amarone is made with the ancient method of "appassimento," drying of the grapes. Bunches are dried on bamboo racks with natural ventilation. By mid-February, the grapes weigh 35-40% less; only Corvina is affected by botrytis. After delicate pressing, the dried grapes are partially destemmed, fermented for 48 days in large Slavonian oak botti, at cold, natural temperatures until the sugar has transformed to alcohol, with malolactic. Aged 3 years in 6-20 hl Slavonian oak botti, 4 months in cherry wood casks’ minimum 5 months in bottle.
Blue Lifestyle2013 vintage
Deep ruby red, almost impenetrable. Elegant intensity of aromas: preserved fruit, dried plums and cocoa. Intense and well balanced on the palate: full bodied with silky tannins and a firm structure. Long finish of ripe cherries and sweet spices.
Ideal with red meats, roasts, and other richly-flavoured dishes. Excellent paired with strong cheeses.
GRAPES: 70% Corvina, 20% Rondinella, 10% Molinara
APPELLATION: Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
points of distinction
- Since 1353, the noble Serego Alighieri family, have been Valpolicella wine growers.
- The term Amarone comes from this old venerated vineyard named Vaio Armaro
- Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron can age 25 - 30 years.
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
– Raffaele Boscaini, General Coordinator of Masi Technical Group
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.”
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT