Rosa dei Masi 2018
Grapes: 100% Refosco
A fresh and fruity rosé wine, but complex and elegant at the same time. A new interpretation of the rosé wine category thanks to the use of Masi’s specialty Appassimento technique. This wine is a Supervenetian, and a “brother” to Campofiorin, the famous red wine. After harvesting, 85% of perfectly ripe Refosco grapes are freshly vinified while the remaining 15% undergo appassimento for approximately 50 days. This process is followed by soft pressing and two hours of maceration in the press at 50°F to complete the process.
Blue Lifestyle2018 vintage
The 2018 wine-growing year has been characterised by a sometimes tropical spring climate, with strong and abundant rainfall alternating with hot and sunny days. Despite the frequent rainfall, total precipitation was not above the seasonal average, guaranteeing an extremely healthy crop and at the same time an increase in terms of quantity, up 10% compared to 2017. The Refosco grapes for the Rosa dei Masi were harvested in optimum health. Quantities are up by 15% compared to 2017.
Salmon pink in colour with cherry reflections. Elegant bouquet of wild strawberries and cherries on the nose. Well balanced on the palate with a soft body and attractive freshness. Very dry and long on the finish, which ends with the same fruitiness seen first on the nose.
Excellent as an aperitif and with antipasti, light pasta dishes, shellfish and seafood. To be drunk while still young.
GRAPES: 100% Refosco
APPELLATION: Rosato delle Venezie IGT
ACIDITY: 5.70 g/l
points of distinction
- Appassimento technique softens the austere character of the Refosco grape and gives the wine greater freshness and elegance
about the grape +
Refosco makes a dark-hued, medium- to full-bodied wine with plum, dark fruit, and spicy aromas and flavors, with almond notes.
– RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.”
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT