Rosa dei Masi 2015
Grapes: 100% Refosco
A fresh and fruity rosé wine, but complex and elegant at the same time. A new interpretation of the rosé wine category thanks to the use of Masi’s specialty Appassimento technique. Th is wine is a Supervenetian, and a “brother” to Campofiorin, the famous red wine.
The weather for 2015 was hot for most of the summer, with temperatures above average for the season and an almost complete lack of rainfall. However, this didn’t change soil temperatures in any significant fashion and water resources remained constant. In fact, the slight stress caused by drought that there was contributed positively to an accumulation of polyphenols and sugars. The final phase of the ripening process was excellent, and we were able to harvest ripe, healthy grapes in an ideal state for vinification and with notable aromatic complexity.
Salmon pink with cherry-coloured reflections. Intense aromas of just ripened berry fruit on the nose, especially raspberries and wild cherries. Soft and well balanced with lively and refreshing acidity. Long and attractive finish
Excellent as an aperitif and with antipasti, light pasta dishes, shellfish and seafood.
GRAPES: 100% Refosco
APPELLATION: Rosato delle Venezie IGT
ACIDITY: 5.76 g/l
AGING: Maturation in stainless steel tank on the lees with weekly bâtonnage for about 60 days.
points of distinction
- Appassimento technique softens the austere character of the Refosco grape and gives the wine greater freshness and elegance.
about the grape +
Refosco makes a dark-hued, medium- to full-bodied wine with plum, dark fruit, and spicy aromas and flavors, with almond notes.
– RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.”
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT