Grapes: Refosco, Raboso and other local grapes (proprietary Masi blend)
The Latin root for the word ‘Modello’ is modus, the same as the Italian word for fashion, ‘moda.’ Masi’s vineyards are the finest hillside terroirs in the Veneto. Fruit comes from selected foothill vineyards, particularly the Stra’ del Milione estate at Castions di Strada, Friuli, with varied soil types, mainly calcareous sediments on basalt and clay. The grapes are a proprietary Masi blend of local grapes Refosco, Raboso and other varieties. Each variety is harvested separately; the Raboso is picked slightly later. Controlled-temperature fermentation is carried out the end of October in stainless steel tanks with selected yeasts and skin contact from 15-20 days, depending on the grape and fermentation with selected yeasts takes 22 days at 77° - 82°F. The wine completes malolactic fermentation. The wine is aged 10 months; 70% in large Slavonian oak botti and 30% in small Allier oak barrels, followed by one month in bottle.
Ultimate Wine Challenge2015 vintage
The weather was hot for most of the summer, with temperatures above average for the season and an almost complete lack of rainfall. However, this didn’t change soil temperatures in any significant fashion and water resources remained constant. In fact, the slight stress caused by drought that there was contributed positively to an accumulation of polyphenols and sugars. The final phase of the ripening process was excellent, and we were able to harvest ripe, healthy grapes in an ideal state for vinification and with notable aromatic complexity. Quantities are forecast to be more than 10% above the average for the last ten years. The harvest began 10 days in advance of normal with white varieties being picked at the end of August. Everything points to an exceptionally good year.
Fresh aromas of licorice and fruity blackberries and raspberries. Similar, well-balanced flavors are supported by lively acidity in this easy-to-drink wine.
This versatile wine pairs with various dishes (soups, pasta and risottos), as well as simple and substantial red-meat dishes or fresh cheeses.
GRAPES: Refosco, Raboso and other local grapes (proprietary Masi blend)
APPELLATION: Rosso delle Venezie IGT
points of distinction
- An innovative wine with the unmistakable style of the Veneto, crafted from native grapes, traditional methods and Masi’s exceptional vineyards
- The Latin root for 'Modello' is modus; same as Italian word for fashion, ‘moda’
- Made from proprietary Masi blend of local grapes Refosco, Raboso and others
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT