Masianco Pinot Grigio e Verduzzo delle Venezie IGT 2016
Grapes: 75% Pinot Grigio, 25% Verduzzo
Masi’s most up-to-date Italian white is also the estate’s white “Supervenetian,” a wine of great personality. Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie blends the elegant, fruity and rich aromas of this grape, cultivated in Friuli, with the structure, poise and body of the native Verduzzo, picked slightly over-ripe and mature. Pinot Grigio comes from the Castions di Strada vineyard, with sedimentary soil of loose clay and gravel. Each variety is handled separately; Pinot Grigio is picked end of August, vinified for 25 days at 50-59°F to enhance fresh aromas, with partial malolactic. Verduzzo is harvested end of September, then further ripened on racks for 3 weeks to enhance concentration. After short cryomaceration, the Verduzzo is fermented in stainless steel tanks for 3 months and transferred to barriques where it completes malolactic.
New York International Wine Competition2016 vintage
2016 is the year when consistency and stability returned to climatic conditions, with no excesses in terms of temperature or humidity. Hot, sunny days and cool nights made for ideal ripening conditions; the grapes finished completely healthy and with sugar and acidity levels good enough to make this one of the best vintages of the last 50 years. Picking on the Tenute Strà del Milione in Friuli began at the end of August.
Bright straw yellow with golden reflections. Fresh and elegant on the nose with hints of ripe peaches and tropical fruit combined with delicate touches of honey and vanilla. Elegant and well balanced on the palate: the Pinot Grigio grapes give it freshness and lively acidity, while the lightly-dried Verduzzo grapes give structure and complexity. Long and intense on the finish.
An ideal aperitif, this wine is perfect with hors d’oeuvres, fish, and white meats. This medium-bodied white has great personality, well-suited to modern cuisine.
GRAPES: 75% Pinot Grigio, 25% Verduzzo
APPELLATION: Delle Venezie IGT
ACIDITY: 5.37 g/l
points of distinction
- Like its famous red counterpart Campofiorin, Masianco emphasizes excellent terroir, character of local grapes and original winemaking methods.
- Masianco easily pairs well with casual and modern cuisine: hors d’oeuvres, fish and grilled white meats.
- Masianco is Masi's white "Supervenetian."
about the grape +
This grape makes fresh, crisp, charming wines with apple, pear, almond and acacia flower aromas and clean, stone fruit flavors, or creamy, honeyed wines with spice, blossom and mineral aromas.
– Raffaele Boscaini, General Coordinator of Masi Technical Group
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.”
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT