Grapes: Pinot Grigio, Verduzzo
Masi’s most up-to-date Italian white is also the estate’s white “Supervenetian,” a wine of great personality. Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie blends the elegant, fruity and rich aromas of this grape, cultivated in Friuli, with the structure, poise and body of the native Verduzzo, picked slightly over-ripe and mature. Pinot Grigio comes from the Castions di Strada vineyard, with sedimentary soil of loose clay and gravel. Each variety is handled separately; Pinot Grigio is picked end of August, vinified for 25 days at 50-59°F to enhance fresh aromas, with partial malolactic. Verduzzo is harvested end of September, then further ripened on racks for 3 weeks to enhance concentration. After short cryomaceration, the Verduzzo is fermented in stainless steel tanks for 3 months and transferred to barriques where it completes malolactic.
Tasting Panel2015 vintage
The weather for 2015 was hot for most of the summer, with temperatures above average for the season and an almost complete lack of rainfall. However, this didn’t change soil temperatures in any significant fashion and water resources remained constant. In fact, the slight stress caused by drought that there was contributed positively to an accumulation of polyphenols and sugars. The final phase of the ripening process was excellent, and we were able to harvest ripe, healthy grapes in an ideal state for vinification and with notable aromatic complexity.
Shows attractive, tropical fruit aromas. Fresh and charming palate flavors gain weight and become full on the mid-palate, where fruitiness blends with traces of honey. A dry finish has a citrus twist.
An ideal aperitif, this wine is perfect with hors d’oeuvres, fish, and white meats. This medium-bodied white has great personality, well-suited to modern cuisine.
GRAPES: Pinot Grigio, Verduzzo
APPELLATION: Delle Venezie IGT
ACIDITY: 6.18 g/l
AGING: Aged 3 months; stainless steel tanks
points of distinction
- Like its famous red counterpart Campofiorin, Masianco emphasizes excellent terroir, character of local grapes and original winemaking methods.
- Masianco easily pairs well with casual and modern cuisine: hors d’oeuvres, fish and grilled white meats.
- Masianco is Masi's white "Supervenetian."
about the grape +
This grape makes fresh, crisp, charming wines with apple, pear, almond and acacia flower aromas and clean, stone fruit flavors, or creamy, honeyed wines with spice, blossom and mineral aromas.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT