Masianco Pinot Grigio e Verduzzo delle Venezie DOC 2017
Grapes: Pinot Grigio, Verduzzo
Masi’s most up-to-date Italian white is also the estate’s white “Supervenetian,” a wine of great personality. Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie blends the elegant, fruity and rich aromas of this grape, cultivated in Friuli, with the structure, poise and body of the native Verduzzo, picked slightly over-ripe and mature. Pinot Grigio comes from the Castions di Strada vineyard, with sedimentary soil of loose clay and gravel. Each variety is handled separately; Pinot Grigio is picked end of August, vinified for 25 days at 50-59°F to enhance fresh aromas, with partial malolactic. Verduzzo is harvested end of September, then further ripened on racks for 3 weeks to enhance concentration. After short cryomaceration, the Verduzzo is fermented in stainless steel tanks for 3 months and transferred to barriques where it completes malolactic.
The 2017 vintage is characterized by widespread and unexpected frosts in the spring mixed with unseasonably hot weather and unusual droughts. In general, weather conditions led to early ripening, brought forward by about 10 days. Quantities are below average because of the small amount of damage caused by late frosts but quality did not suffer.
Deep straw yellow in colour with golden reflections. The nose stands out for finesse and elegance, showing a good bouquet of ripe fruit and delicate aromas of honey and vanilla. Soft and refreshing on the palate. Long, dry finish.
Perfect with hors d’oeuvres, fish, and white meats.
GRAPES: Pinot Grigio, Verduzzo
APPELLATION: Delle Venezie DOC
ACIDITY: 5.75 g/l
AGING: fermented in stainless steel tanks for 3 months and transferred to barriques where it completes malolactic
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: Yes
points of distinction
- Masianco emphasizes excellent terroir, character of local grapes and original winemaking methods.
- Masianco easily pairs well with casual and modern cuisine: hors d’oeuvres, fish and grilled white meats.
- Masianco is Masi's white "Supervenetian."
about the grape +
This grape makes fresh, crisp, charming wines with apple, pear, almond and acacia flower aromas and clean, stone fruit flavors, or creamy, honeyed wines with spice, blossom and mineral aromas.
– Raffaele Boscaini, General Coordinator of Masi Technical Group
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.”
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT