Grapes: 70% Corvina, 25% Rondinella, 5% Molinara
Masi’s original “Supervenetian” made with the double fermentation method: a red wine made from local Veronese grapes vinified fresh from the harvest and then re-fermented with a small percentage of semi-dried grapes of the same varieties. The wine splendidly encompasses the qualities of the Verona area: the excellence of the zone, the highly individual style of the indigenous Veronese grape varieties, and the originality of the techniques of "appassimento" (semi-drying) and Masi double fermentation. Combining simplicity and grace with power and majesty. Rich, full-bodied, round and velvety, with an ageing potential of 10 to 15 years.
Wine Advocate2015 vintage
The Wine Odyssey2015 vintage
Hot summer, mostly, with temperatures above the seasonal average and an almost total absence of rain. Strain put on the vines by consequent lack of water increased polyphenols and sugars: vines are noted for their capacity to survive in difficult climatic conditions. The final phase of maturation was therefore excellent which led to the picking of healthy and mature grapes, in an ideal state for vinification, with notable complexity of aromas. Quantities were 10% above the average over the previous 10 years. The harvest began 10 days early: on 7th September for the red grape varieties. As expected, the vintage was exceptionally good.
Bright ruby red in colour. Intense and elegant aromas of ripe cherries, raspberries and sweet spices on the nose. Firm and well balanced structure on the palate, with smooth tannins and lively acidity. Long finish with flavours of berry fruit and spices.
Pairs well with pasta with rich sauces, grilled or roasted red meats, game and mature cheeses.
GRAPES: 70% Corvina, 25% Rondinella, 5% Molinara
APPELLATION: Rosso del Veronese IGT
AGING: Minimum18 months in wood, 2/3 in Slavonian oak barrels of 90 hl, 1/3 in Allier and Slavonian new barrels of 600 liters, and minimum 3 months bottle ageing.
points of distinction
- Created in 1964 using an “ingenious technique,” Masi's original interpretation of ancient Veronese “refermentation”
- Masi’s double fermentation process enriches the wine’s color, extract, tannins and alcohol to bring new aromas and flavors
- The orginal "Supervenetian," can age 15-20 years
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT