Grapes: Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara
Campofiorin is the original “Supervenetian,” made with Masi’s double fermentation technique. A specialty wine, this red is made from local Veronese grapes Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara vinified and then re-fermented with a small percentage of semi-dried grapes of the same varieties. Vineyards in the valleys of the Veronese hills have similar conditions to the original “Campofiorin” vineyard in Marano di Valpolicella, with very deep alluvial and eocenic limestone soil. Fermented wine from fresh grapes is re-fermented with 25% of whole grapes semi-dried (for about 6 weeks) of the same varieties. After fermentation, malolactic begins immediately. The wine is aged in wood, 2/3 in Slavonian oak botti of 90 hl, 1/3 in Allier and Slavonian barrels of 600 liters, new, and a period in bottle.
Wine Enthusiast2013 vintage
Wine Advocate2013 vintage
The 2013 vintage saw rainfall well above average for the last few days of winter, with not particularly stable temperatures. Spring, on the other hand, was cold with temperatures generally lower than normal. The abundant rain in the month of May and in parts of June gave way to an ideal summer with high temperatures, which were in fact above the norm for the month of July. This meant the grapes had ideal ripening conditions and were guaranteed to have good levels of acidity and to have accumulated good sugar levels. Picking for the harvest began on the 20th of September.
Bright ruby red with purple overtones. On the nose, intense and attractive aromas of plums, cherries and spices, cinnamon in particular. On the palate, velvety tannins and good supporting acidity come into play. The ripe fruit and spices on the finish make it intense and long lasting.
A very versatile wine. Perfect with many different kinds of food such as pasta with rich sauces (meat or mushroom based), grilled or roasted red meats, and mature cheeses.
GRAPES: Corvina, Rondinella, Molinara
APPELLATION: Rosso del Veronese IGT
ACIDITY: 5.05 g/l
points of distinction
- Created in 1964 using what Hugh Johnson called an “ingenious technique,” Masi's original interpretation of ancient Veronese “refermentation”
- Masi’s double fermentation process enriches the wine’s color, extract, tannins and alcohol to bring new aromas and flavors
- The orginal "Supervenetian," can age 15-20 years
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio e Verduzzo delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Brolo Campofiorin Oro Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Masi Agricola Tupungato Passo Doble Rosso di Argentina
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT