Grapes: Corvina, Rondinella, Oseleta
‘Brolo’ is equivalent to the French ‘clos,’ a walled vineyard. This special selection of Campofiorin expresses the individual style of local Veronese varieties, notably Corvina, and the original methods of appassimento and Masi’s double fermentation. Brolo di Campofiorin vineyards are located in Valgatara di Marano, in the heart of Valpolicella Classico, where grapes for the original Campofiorin are grown, with very deep alluvial soil on eocenic limestone. Wine from fresh grapes undergoes temperature-controlled fermentation at 72 - 75°F for 25 days with selected yeasts. Oseleta grapes, which ripen the end of October, are vinified separately. The end of November, the wine is re-fermented with 30% of semi-dried Corvina grapes after pressing; this second fermentation lasts 15 days at 73 - 77°F. The wine completes fermentation and malolactic. Aged 24 months in 600-liter ‘fusti veronesi’: 70% heavy-toast Allier oak barrels, 30% Slavonian oak barrels; 4 months in bottle.
Wine Advocate2014 vintage
2015 was a complex year, characterised by high levels of rainfall in the months of July and August, quite different to the average of the last 80 years. The weather changed for the better in September and October, with sunny days and relative humidity at tween 50-80%, and no rain at all. This meant the grapes picked were ripe and healthy, suitable for vinification. Quantities were down however, at 15%-20% less than the average for the last 10 years. Harvesting took place in mid-September and the significant presence of millerandage (uneven ripening) meant that selection was vital.
Bright ruby red colour with light purple tinges. The nose features elegant aromas of ripe red fruit, cherries and plums, followed by smells of spice. On the palate it has a good structure and good balance: the soft and enveloping tannins are well balanced with supporting acidity. The enduringly persistent finish is characterized by intense and pleasant notes of red fruit jam and sweet spices.
Pairs well with pasta with rich sauces, grilled or roasted red meats, and cheese.
GRAPES: Corvina, Rondinella, Oseleta
APPELLATION: Rosso del Veronese IGT
ACIDITY: 5.5 g/l
AGING: Aged 24 months in 600-liter: 70% heavy-toast Allier oak barrels, 30% Slavonian oak barrels; 4 months in bottle
points of distinction
- "Appaxximento" certifies Masi’s expertise in this method.
- This wine can age up to 20 years.
- Special cuvée of Campofiorin combines indigenous Veronese grapes with original methods of Appassimento and Masi’s double fermentation.
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT