Grapes: Corvina, Rondinella, Oseleta
‘Brolo’ is equivalent to the French ‘clos,’ a walled vineyard. This special selection of Campofiorin expresses the individual style of local Veronese varieties, notably Corvina, and the original methods of appassimento and Masi’s double fermentation. Brolo di Campofiorin vineyards are located in Valgatara di Marano, in the heart of Valpolicella Classico, where grapes for the original Campofiorin are grown, with very deep alluvial soil on eocenic limestone. Wine from fresh grapes undergoes temperature-controlled fermentation at 72-75°F for 25 days with selected yeasts. Oseleta grapes, which ripen the end of October, are vinified separately. The end of November, the wine is re-fermented with 30% of semi-dried Corvina grapes after pressing; this second fermentation lasts 15 days at 73-77°F. The wine completes fermentation and malolactic. Aged 24 months in 600-liter ‘fusti veronesi’: 70% heavy-toast Allier oak barrels, 30% Slavonian oak barrels; 4 months in bottle.
Wine & Spirits2013 vintage
Wine Advocate2013 vintage
The 2013 vintage saw rainfall well above average for the last few days of winter, with not particularly stable temperatures. Spring, on the other hand, was cold with temperatures generally lower than normal. The abundant rain in the month of May and in parts of June gave way to an ideal summer with high temperatures, which were in fact above the norm for the month of July. This meant the grapes had ideal ripening conditions and were guaranteed to have good levels of acidity and to have accumulated good sugar levels. Picking for the harvest began on the 20th of September.
Ruby red colour with purplish tinges to the edges. Cherries and ripe plums on the nose with subtle hints of chocolate and cinnamon. Soft and full bodied on the palate with a big structure, velvety tannins, notable acidity and attractive hints of plum conserve and sweet spices, which last forever on the finish
A wine of unusual flexibility perfectly pairing many different kinds of food such as pasta with rich sauces (meat or mushroom based), grilled or roasted red meats, and cheese.
GRAPES: Corvina, Rondinella, Oseleta
APPELLATION: Rosso del Veronese IGT
ACIDITY: 5.55 g/l
points of distinction
- "Appaxximento" certifies Masi’s expertise in this method.
- This wine can age up to 20 years.
- Special cuvée of Campofiorin combines indigenous Veronese grapes with original methods of Appassimento and Masi’s double fermentation.
about the grape +
Corvina has bright, relatively delicate cherry fruit flavors, with high acidity and pronounced aromas of cherry, bitter almond and spice.
“Masi wines must have a recognizable character, a unique style, and be approachable and pleasant to drink.” – RAFFAELE BOSCAINI, GENERAL COORDINATOR OF MASI TECHNICAL GROUP
- quick view Masi Agricola Campolongo di Torbe Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Mazzano Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Riserva di Costasera Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view Masi Agricola Serego Alighieri Vaio Armaron Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
- quick view new Masi Agricola Rosa dei Masi
- quick view Masi Agricola Masianco Pinot Grigio delle Venezie DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Campofiorin Rosso del Veronese IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Bonacosta Valpolicella Classico DOC
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Rosso delle Venezie IGT
- quick view Masi Agricola Modello Bianco delle Venezie IGT