Nero d’Avola IGP 2016
Grapes: 100% Nero d’Avola
The vines are alberello trained (bush trained), are 12-34 years old, and have been planted with a southern exposure at 250 feet elevation, about one mile from the sea. Yields are low; about 2.5 tons/acre, to encourage concentration and complexity in the wine. In the spring, the vines are pruned to one bud per plant, and in June/July, a green harvest is performed to eliminate lesser grapes. Twenty days prior to harvest, the vines go through an additional cluster thinning, or a selection of the best grapes in the bunch. To develop superior color and aromas, the wine undergoes a 15-day maceration at 8.6°F before fermentation with regular punching down, and is aged in steel tanks to retain the grape's fresh, crisp, red berry characters.
Tasting Panel2016 vintage
Blue Lifestyle2016 vintage
Sicily saw what could be described as the “perfect summer” in 2016. Rainfall was at a minimum and temperatures were not as hot as normal. These elements made for a perfect maturation, giving the white varietals a great balance and structure.
Deep scarlet-red in colour. Brilliant and intense. The nose reveals decisive scents of red currant and blackberry, followed by spicy and balsamic hints of black pepper and eucalyptus.
This wine pairs well with grilled red meats and BBQ.
GRAPES: 100% Nero d’Avola
APPELLATION: Sicily IGT
ACIDITY: 3.52 g/l
AGING: Aged in steel tanks to retain the grape's fresh, crisp, red berry characters
points of distinction
- Carefully pruned vines and the best selection of grapes highlight the distinct characteristics of the indigenous Nero d’Avola in the region for which it’s best suited.
- This flavorful, zesty wine is easy to drink and shows a charming, “fruit forward” character with a juicy mouthfeel.
- Aged in steel tank to preserve the wine’s fresh, crisp, fruity characteristics.
about the grape +
Nero d’Avola produces deep-colored wines that have wild cherry and plum, dark chocolate and earthy aromas and flavors, good minerality and acidity, and a high level of tannins.
– Antonio Moretti, Owner
“A land of extreme sensations, perfumes, colors, extreme light and tastes, all at their maximum expression.”
- quick view Feudo Maccari Rosé IGP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Mahâris Sicilia DOC
- quick view Feudo Maccari Saia Sicilia DOC
- quick view Feudo Maccari Grillo IGP
- quick view new Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animardente Etna DOC
- quick view new Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animalucente Etna DOC