Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges 2016
Grapes: 100% Chardonnay
This Clos is located in the heart of Fuissé. A 5 acre vineyard on a soft slope with east orientation, the soil contains limestone marls. A third of the vines were planted in 2006, a third in 1986 and a third in 1956. Fermentation and ageing took place in barrels: a third in new barrels, a third in one year old barrel and a third in 2 years old barrels over 9 months. Ageing is then finished in stainless steel tanks on lies over a 5 month span.
View From The Cellar2016 vintage
Wine Enthusiast2016 vintage
2016 saw an atypical harvest. The picking began on September 21st with a small team, collecting grapes from two perfectly ripe parcels. In order to allow the remaining vines the opportunity to benefit from the rain, the picking halted for a few days with the conclusion on September 27th. The ripeness levels were good and the weather was fine resulting in grapes with a lovely golden color and musts that were magnificent and structured. This was a small yield vintage, stemming from a spring-time hail storm, but you can expect a refreshing vibrance and liveliness from the 2016 vintage.
Velvety and expressive, this Clos des Prouges develops aromas of fern and oak moss. It is rich in style, a characteristic of Fuissé wines. It has a remarkable mouth feel and roundness, an overall fleshy and juicy wine. Great ageing potential.
Veal chop with a tangy sauce, puff pastries, goat cheese and all varieties of cow's milk cheese.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
ACIDITY: 4.09 g/l
AGING: Stainless steel tanks on lies over a 5 month span
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: 26%
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 1.1 g/l
points of distinction
- All vines are at least 20 years old with the oldest being over 60 years old
- Great ageing potential
- Tête de Cru and Cuvée Hors-Classe are precursors to new, higher classification (Premier Cru) sites within the appellation currently under consideration by INAO
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly