Grapes: 100% Chardonnay
The Pouilly-Fuissé is a blend of the best vineyard parcels with 10- to 35-year-old vines from the Fuissé amphitheater, with soils mostly limestone and some clay. Each parcel was vinified separately to ensure the finest expression of the fruit. Half the wine was fermented in enameled tanks and half in two- to four-year-old oak barrels. The wine was aged for 10 months on the lees in French oak barrels, not new, from Tronçais, Vosges and Nevers stave wood.
Wine Spectator2014 vintage
Cold weather seemed to arrive with the first fog, but winter proved both mild and rainy. The month of March saw neither showers nor rainstorms - it was almost as if summer had already arrived. So the vines grew rapidly. By mid-April the growth of the vines were already three weeks ahead of where they had been the previous year. The summery weather continued, with flowering beginning on May 22. The start of summer proper was humid, and cool temperatures slowed the vegetative growth. As summer made its appearance around the 17th of July, its generosity was overabundant. As a result, some bunches were somewhat sunburned, and this led to yields that varied from one parcel to another. While this may have affected the quantity of the harvest, the quality of the bunches at the end of July was unquestionable. Growth had slowed, and was, by this stage, only slightly ahead of the average. The quality of the 2014 vintage is excellent, with our Pouilly-Fuissé revealing itself to be full-bodied, fleshy, juicy, and intense.
Initially, shows striking aromas of mangoes, papaya and apricots. The vivid attack on the palate is followed by an impression of creamy, supple freshness, with a prolonged finish, and distinct notes of aniseed.
Shellfish and seafood, risotto with seafood, grilled and fried fish. Veal in sauce, goat cheese, cow's milk cheeses and firm dough.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
ACIDITY: 3.73 g/l
AGING: 10 months on the lees in French oak barrels, not new.
points of distinction
- Over 42.5 acres of estate vineyards are among Pouilly-Fuissé's finest terroirs; 32.5 located in the Fuissé amphitheater and 10 near the Roche de Vergisson.
- This area's clay and limestone soil is perfect for wines that are pure expressions of Chardonnay.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Autour de la Roche
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly