Grapes: 100% Chardonnay
The Pouilly-Fuissé is a blend of the best vineyard parcels with 10- to 35-year-old vines from the Fuissé amphitheater, with soils mostly limestone and some clay. Each parcel was vinified separately to ensure the finest expression of the fruit. Half the wine was fermented in enameled tanks and half in two- to four-year-old oak barrels. The wine was aged for 10 months on the lees in French oak barrels, not new, from Tronçais, Vosges and Nevers stave wood.
Wine & Spirits2012 vintage
Wine Spectator2012 vintage
2012 was a challenging growing season, characterized by contrasting and unusual weather patterns. The best wine growers always carefully tend their vines and are poised to treat when necessary. In 2012, growers were constantly prepared to treat fungal diseases. The conditions prevented rot, and the grapes that came into the winery showed astonishing quality. This describes the part of the vintage that was saved, the weather, which included hail, reduced the vintage’s grape production by one half. The quality of the harvested grapes was very good.
Initially, shows striking aromas of mangoes, papaya and apricots. The vivid attack on the palate is followed by an impression of creamy, supple freshness, with a prolonged finish, and distinct notes of aniseed.
Shellfish and seafood, risotto with seafood, grilled and fried fish. Veal in sauce, goat cheese, cow's milk cheeses and firm dough.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
ACIDITY: 3.73 g/l
AGING: 10 months on the lees in French oak barrels, not new.
points of distinction
- Over 42.5 acres of estate vineyards are among Pouilly-Fuissé's finest terroirs; 32.5 located in the Fuissé amphitheatre and 10 near the Roche de Vergisson.
- This area's clay and limestone soil is perfect for wines that are pure expressions of Chardonnay.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Autour de la Roche
- quick view new Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly