Brut Vintage Cuvée 2014
Grapes: 62% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay, 3% Pinot Gris
The Vintage Brut Cuvée is the signature wine of Domaine Carneros. It encompasses the widest range of estate clones and vineyard blocks of the winery’s collection. The tapestry of flavors that result, married with the inherent finesse of the cool Carneros fruit, create wines of depth and complexity. The 2014 vintage was enhanced by the three and years of bottle age sur lie in the cellar before release.
Wine Enthusiast2014 vintage
Harvesting started on August 8. A cooler August allowed the time necessary to pick the grapes at their optimum ripeness. The varieties showed concentration in this low yielding vintage.
This very focused and elegant wine displays lovely notes of lime blossom, pears, and summer herbs with a hint of light toastiness. A round wine, the palate displays an array of fruit nuances of lime zest, lemon meringue, green apple and a touch of green tea.
Pairs well with seafood and meat, especially oysters and filet mignon. The winemaker's favorite is with roast chicken and a light brie
GRAPES: 62% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay, 3% Pinot Gris
AGING: 3 and 1/2 years sur lies
DOSAGE: 0.9% g/L
points of distinction
- A vintage-dated, ageworthy sparkling wine made primarily from estate-grown, green certified Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes.
- Aged in the bottle for 3 and 1/2 years sur lie, yielding a complex, toasty aroma and fine, pinpoint bubbles.
- With proper cellaring, this wine will develop further for decades.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Eileen Crane, CEO and Founding Winemaker
“The first obligation of any wine is to be delicious.”
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Estate Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs