Brut Vintage Cuvée 2012
Grapes: 58% Chardonnay and 42% Pinot Noir
The 2012 Brut Cuvée is the signature wine of Domaine Carneros, representing the best of Carneros Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in a classic sparkling wine. The term “Brut” refers to the dryness or sugar level of the wine; less than 15 grams of residual sugar per liter. To earn its distinction as a vintage-dated sparkling wine, this wine is aged three years "sur lies en bouteille" (on the lees, in the bottle) before release, adding richness, depth and complexity. This wine is disgorged with a low dosage, just under 0.9%, balancing it just perfectly and making it delicious to enjoy on its own. 2012 Brut Cuvée has been aged a full three years in our cellar to enhance complexity and development. With proper cellaring, this wine will develop further for decades, but only if you can wait to open it.
Wine Spectator2012 vintage
Wine Enthusiast2012 vintage
Mother Nature was generous in 2012 and a bountiful crop was harvested after a classic long and cool growing season for which Carneros is famous. With almost perfect sun to ripen the fruit, the crop hung on the vines until early October, thus maximizing flavor development.
Beautiful aromatic notes of fresh flowers, lychee, white peach and pear make this wine irresistible. The delicate nose belies the round, full palate and exceptionally creamy finish. This Brut is one of the best for long aging. It will pay dividends of flavor if you are patient.
Delicious with double or triple cream cheeses, fish and shellfish, poultry, Asian and California cuisine.
GRAPES: 58% Chardonnay and 42% Pinot Noir
ACIDITY: 0.87 g/100ml
points of distinction
- A vintage-dated, ageworthy sparkling wine made primarily from estate-grown, green certified Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes.
- Aged in the bottle for a minimum of three years sur lie, yielding a complex, toasty aroma and fine, pinpoint bubbles.
- An incredibly food-friendly wine, pairing beautifully with cheese, fish, poultry, and a variety of cuisine styles.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Eileen Crane, CEO and Founding Winemaker
“The first obligation of any wine is to be delicious.”
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Estate Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs