Te Muna Road Vineyard Pinot Noir 2017
Grapes: 100% Pinot Noir
In the cool-climate region of Martinborough, the 81.5 acre terraced Te Muna Road Vineyard is planted with eight clones of Pinot Noir in more than 40 different parcels. On the vineyard’s two distinct terraces, stony soils produce exceptional Pinot Noir. Grapes are 100% hand harvested and 85% destemmed before undergoing fermentation with indigenous yeasts in a combination of French oak cuves and open-top stainless steel tanks. The wine matures for 10 months in French oak barriques, 22% new, prior to coarse filtration and bottling.
Wine & Spirits2017 vintage
San Francisco International Wine Competition2017 vintage
The 2017 vintage was marked by a cool, windy, and wet start to the season that created conditions for lower yields. As the summer in New Zealand progressed, the temperatures in February and March returned to average historical temperatures, which allowed the fruit on the vines to mature and develop to full ripeness prior to harvest.
Vibrant red cherry with a crimson hue. Complex aromatic array of dark rose, plum, cherry, tree bark and wooden spices. Supple palate entry with attractive varietal red fruits and lovely tension from the fine tannin profile. A joyful wine full of charm.
This wine pairs nicely with all types of lamb, venison, and full-flavored poultry dishes, particularly whole duck and duck breast preparations.
GRAPES: 100% Pinot Noir
ACIDITY: 5.7 g/l
AGING: Maturation 9 months in French Oak & Stainless steel tanks
points of distinction
- From a distinct terraced vineyard with old, stony soils and a greater sun exposure
- The cool, higher-elevation Te Muna Road Vineyard produces Pinot Noir with greater freshness and acidity
- Single-vineyard Pinot Noir with complex, subtle fruit and very good length
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Julian Grounds, Winemaker
I am fortunate to lead an extraordinary group of people who want to be part of creating something truly magnificent that successive generations can admire and enjoy for years to come. I love our great estates and feel a strong connection to their complexities and subtleties.
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Martinborough Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Aroha Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Te Muna Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Kidnappers Vineyard Chardonnay
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Te Kahu Gimblett Gravels Vineyard
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Sophia Gimblett Gravels Vineyard
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Le Sol Gimblett Gravels Vineyard
- quick view new Craggy Range Martinborough Sauvignon Blanc