Clos de Beauvenir Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc 2015
Grapes: 60% Roussanne, 30% Clairette, 8% Grenache Blanc, 2% Bourboulenc
Clos de Beauvenir Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc comes from a single vineyard enclosed by Provencal galets. Hand harvesting and sorting is done early in the morning to take advantage of the cooler temperatures. All the whole grapes except Roussane are slowly pressed for 3 hours to extract only premium juice. After 24 hours, the juice is racked and fermentation begins at a low temperature to protect all flavors. The Roussanne fermentation takes place in 228 liter barrels (1/3 new), and then ages on lees. Wine from the other grape varietals are made in temperature controlled stainless steel vats and then stored to age on lees. The wine is aged 9 months in a combination (85/15) of French oak barrels and stainless steel vats and blending takes place shortly before bottling.
Wine Enthusiast2015 vintage
Tasting Panel2015 vintage
2015 was a generous vintage. Warm weather and storms arrived at the right moment allowing 2015 in Châteauneuf-du-Pape to be described as generous in every sense of the term. Generous in color, structure and maturity. But also generous in quantity, which is quite rare in this appellation, which is well known for the weakness of its yields. After a normal spring, in terms of rainfall (6.7 inches), summer was dry and hot with temperatures exceeding 99° F. From mid-June to mid-August rainfalls were less than 2 inches, which is low, but more than in 2010 and 2011 which were already among the sunniest years. The 2015 crop maturity was made under good conditions with storms in mid-September not affecting the quality of the vintage. The harvest was spread over a number of weeks, which allowed fermentations to take place easily from beginning to end, giving birth to rich, very balanced wines and with beautiful complexity.
Yellow color with green hints. The nose reveals notes of elderberry, almond milk with some citrus zest aromas. The palate is fresh, crystalline with exotic aromas (mango / pineapple) and citrus (yellow lemon). This wine has incredible freshness and shows a very nice balance.
Perfect on toast with foie gras and veal with cream.
GRAPES: 60% Roussanne, 30% Clairette, 8% Grenache Blanc, 2% Bourboulenc
ACIDITY: 5.02 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 1.6 g/l
points of distinction
- Produced by one of Châteauneuf-du-Pape’s oldest and most storied estates
- Certified AB Organic – protecting the environment since 1998
- Estate grown, hand harvested, estate bottled
- Average vine age – 40 years
about the grape +
Vinified carefully, Clairette produces a light, floral and fruity wine. Used in sparkling wine and in blends, including Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Tavel Rosé, Côtes-du-Rhône and Lirac.
This grape can produce an attractive, fleshy, generously fruity wine with a fragrance of flowers and dill.
Roussanne is an elegant, complex wine of finesse, good acidity and balance. Has aromas and flavors of melon, white fruits, pears, tree blossoms and herbs. Shows honey and coffee notes with age.
– Ralph Garcin, Winemaker
One of Châteauneuf-du-Pape’s oldest estates, archives affirm Château La Nerthe’s existence as early as 1560 and suggest an even more distant past dating to the dawn of the region’s wine culture in the 12th century.
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Château La Nerthe Châteauneuf-du-Pape Rouge
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Château La Nerthe Cuvée des Cadettes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Rouge
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Château La Nerthe Châteauneuf-du-Pape Rouge Private Reserve 2007
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Château La Nerthe Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Château La Nerthe Les Cassagnes Côtes-du-Rhône Villages
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Château La Nerthe Les Cassagnes Côtes-du-Rhône Rosé
- quick view new Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Château La Nerthe Prieuré de Montézargues Tavel