Grapes: 100% Gamay
Atop the hierarchy of Beaujolais Crus are Moulin-à-Vent and Morgon, with notable aging potential. Often called the most “Burgundian” cru, Moulin-à-Vent shows complexity, finesse and length. Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent can age at least 10-20 years. Following harvest, a portion of the grapes are destemmed before the wine is vinified in closed vats with pumping over. Finally, the wine matures in oak barrels.
Wine Spectator2016 vintage
The 2016 growing season saw a little bit of everything: frequent rainfall, cool conditions, heat spikes, droughts and hail. The harvest began on September 19, stemming from an Indian Summer, the second-latest harvest in 25 years. The intensity, depth and structural elegance of the wines from Carquelin, Rochegrès, Thorins and Côte du Py paid testimony to the perfect harmony
between Gamay and the volcanic terroirs of Beaujolais.
Blend of 8 single vineyards, the Moulin-à-Vent 2016 presents a deep garnet-color. Its complex nose reveals aromas of violets, ripened red fruit and black pepper. The freshness of these granitic terroirs balances well the remarkable richness and texture.
Moulin-à-Vent pairs perfectly with lighter red meat dishes
GRAPES: 100% Gamay
ACIDITY: 3.35 g/l
AGING: Vinified in closed vats with pumping over and then aged in oak barrels for 6 months
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 0.8%
points of distinction
- Moulin-à-Vent is considered the region's most Burgundian Cru
- The wine matures for eight months in oak barrels, unusual for Beaujolais
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 years or more
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py