Grapes: 100 % Malbec
This rosé wine from Alta Vista is an elegant expression of our freshest Malbec grapes. With a lovely floral bouquet, the wine possesses great balance and fruitiness on the palate, providing an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. Our rosé wine is made utilizing two different maceration techniques and a low-temperature vinification that enhances the freshness of the fruit. The two wines are then blended before clarification and stabilization. Finally, the wine is filtered and bottled.
International Rose Drink Pink Wine Competition2016 vintage
Tasting Panel2016 vintage
Winter of 2017 started a bit later following a fairly unusual wet autumn. Temperatures dropped to below freezing levels allowing for a complete cleansing of bugs, pest, disease and bacteria giving space for regeneration. Spring was unusual in that it was particularly dry. Towards the end of spring in the month of November, the region was hit by an unexpected frost which affected production. Summer 2017 will go down as the warmest on record for the last 50 years with peak temperatures reaching 129 degrees Fahrenheit! This effectively sped up ripening and as a result, harvesting as well. Despite the heat, the grapes were healthy and crunchy with no loss of aromatics. The wines are bright, aromatic, and well structured.
A beautiful wine to the sight, due to delicate pink hues. In the nose, it has a medium to high intensity, with prevailing fruity aromas such as ripe and sour cherries. It also shows floral notes such as red roses. In the mouth, it has a persistent, fresh flavor and is markedly balanced.
Wonderful accompaniment to pastas with light sauces and bright, fresh salads.
GRAPES: 100 % Malbec
ACIDITY: 5.36 g/l
points of distinction
- Fruit-forward and approachable
- Made for everyday consumption
- Excellent value
- All grapes are hand-harvested
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature