Grapes: 100 % Malbec
This rosé wine from Alta Vista is an elegant expression of our freshest Malbec grapes. With a lovely floral bouquet, the wine possesses great balance and fruitiness on the palate, providing an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. Our rosé wine is made utilizing two different maceration techniques and a low-temperature vinification that enhances the freshness of the fruit. The two wines are then blended before clarification and stabilization. Finally, the wine is filtered and bottled.
International Rose Drink Pink Wine Competition2016 vintage
Tasting Panel2016 vintage
The 2016 vintage presented sanitary challenges due to frequent rain and humidity, not dissimilar from the last two vintages in Mendoza. Spring was cool and rainy, followed by a very cool and humid summer. February and March were uncharacteristically cool as well, causing delays in the maturity of the grapes. 2016 was a challenging vintage that required constant maintenance to ultimately produce wines with good acidity and moderate alcohol levels. The wines are elegant and balanced with intense aromas and great freshness.
A beautiful wine to the sight, due to delicate pink hues. In the nose, it has a medium to high intensity, with prevailing fruity aromas such as ripe and sour cherries. It also shows floral notes such as red roses. In the mouth, it has a persistent, fresh flavor and is markedly balanced.
Wonderful accompaniment to pastas with light sauces and bright, fresh salads.
GRAPES: 100 % Malbec
ACIDITY: 6.00 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 1.8 g/l
points of distinction
- Fruit-forward and approachable
- Made for everyday consumption
- Excellent value
- All grapes are hand-harvested
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina.
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature