Premium Malbec 2012
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Great wines are produced in unique places. Alta Vista’s 516 acres of estate vineyards are situated in the best terroirs of Mendoza, at 3,200 feet above sea level. Each vineyard receives expertise that is tailored to each grape variety via specific treatments called Terroir Management®. The wine undergoes long pre- and post-fermentation macerations, to extract optimal aromas and color, and to enhance volume and quality of the tannins, respectively. Half the wine is aged for 12 months in 100% French oak barrels, and 4 months in bottle.
Wine Spectator2012 vintage
Wine Enthusiast2012 vintage
For Mendoza’s high altitude vineyards, 2012’s particularly warm temperatures produced average-to-low yields of excellent quality fruit. Winter was very windy and dry, with little snow or rain, as was the beginning of spring. The end of November brought crucial rainfall. Budding came late and the spring brought strong winds that affected flowering, especially in Uco Valley. Summer and autumn were quite hot and dry, yet thermal amplitude was normal. 2012 was a late, gentle vintage for those who kept yields low.
Ruby-colored, with complex ripe red fruits aromas and spicy nauces, this Premium Malbec is round, with soft tannins and good concentration in the mouth.
This wine pairs well with grilled pork tenderloin, lamb and veal with fresh herbs.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 7.02 g/l
AGING: 100% French oak for 12 months.
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: Yes
points of distinction
- 100% Estate Grown
- Grapes come from Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley in Mendoza
- Each vineyard receives Terroir Management® treatments
- Extended aging in oak gives the wine more structure
- Low yields of only 1.5 bottles per vine
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Torrontés