Estate Torrontés 2018
Grapes: 100% Torrontés
Great wines are produced in unique places. Alta Vista’s Torrontes vineyards are situated in the best terroirs of Salta, at 5,400 feet above sea level. Each vineyard receives expertise that is tailored to each grape variety via specific treatments called Terroir Management®. The wine is made from destemmed grapes that are gently pressed to avoid harsh phenolics and vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel tank and without malolactic fermentation to preserve the grape’s vibrant aromas and fresh acidity. The wine is aged on the lees in steel tank.
Blue Lifestyle2018 vintage
Wine Spectator2018 vintage
2018 harvest in Salta was marked by cold weather at the beginning and end of the growing season which caused a reduction in yields. Summer was cool and cloudy, with low rain. This delayed the ripening process and kept freshness in the fruit. In Cafayate, the conditions were generally warmer, but also quite dry. It was a fine harvest in terms of quality and quantity. The result was healty fruit that delivered wines with intense aromas and firm acidity.
Bright yellow color with silver hues. Delicate floral aroma with hints of white fruit. In the mouth, it is open and round. Its freshness and vivacity enhance the senses.
Pairs well with spicy food, such as curries. Fresh fish and shelfish. Salads and fried snacks, like calamari or onion rings.
GRAPES: 100% Torrontés
ACIDITY: 6.18 g/l
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: No
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 1.76 g/l
points of distinction
- Estate grapes come from Argentina’s best terroirs: Torrontes from Cafayate in Salta.
- Each vineyard receives Terroir Management® treatments.
- Aging on the lees gives the wine more complexity.
about the grape +
Torrontés produces a wine with high acidity, and intriguing, assertively floral, stone fruit, spice and jasmine-like aromas similar to Muscat.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon