Estate Torrontés 2013
Grapes: 100% Torrontés
Great wines are produced in unique places. Alta Vista’s Torrontes vineyards are situated in the best terroirs of Salta, at 5,400 feet above sea level. Each vineyard receives expertise that is tailored to each grape variety via specific treatments called Terroir Management®. The wine is made from destemmed grapes that are gently pressed to avoid harsh phenolics and vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel tank and without malolactic fermentation to preserve the grape’s vibrant aromas and fresh acidity. The wine is aged on the lees in steel tank.
In Cafayate, conditions were quite similar to Mendoza. After heavy rains began the growing season in January, the year saw a dry, cold and late vintage, with absolutely no rot. Picking was done in several passes to obtain fruit with diverse aromatics. Of the past few years, 2013 is the finest vintage for whites.
With a bright yellow color and delicate floral aromas of white fruit, this Premium Torrontés excites your senses due to its freshness and liveliness.
This wine pairs wonderfully with grilled fish, fresh shellfish and focaccia topped with tapenade.
GRAPES: 100% Torrontés
ACIDITY: 6.89 g/l
AGING: In stainless steel tanks at a low temperature to keep fruit.
points of distinction
- Estate grapes come from Argentina’s best terroirs: Malbec and Cabernet from Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley in Mendoza, Torrontes from Cafayate in Salta.
- Each vineyard receives Terroir Management® treatments.
- Aging on the lees gives the wine more complexity.
about the grape +
Torrontés produces a wine with high acidity, and intriguing, assertively floral, stone fruit, spice and jasmine-like aromas similar to Muscat.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon