Estate Malbec 2015
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Great wines are produced in unique places. Alta Vista’s 516 acres of estate vineyards are situated in the best terroirs of Mendoza, at a minimum of 3,200 feet above sea level. Each vineyard receives expert treatment tailored to each individual grape variety via specific methods called Terroir Management®. The wine undergoes long pre- and post-fermentation macerations, to extract optimal aromas and color, and to enhance the volume and quality of the tannins. Half the wine is aged for 12 months in 100% French oak barrels, followed by an additional 4 months aging in bottle prior to release from the winery.
Wine Enthusiast2015 vintage
2015 was a somewhat atypical vintage for Mendoza. The alcohol content of the wines is a bit lower than usual; acidity levels are very pleasant. The concentration of the wines is about average, intensity of aromas is excellent and the terrific balance between alcohol and acidity results in a long and fruity finish. The general style is somewhat different from previous vintages but still very much representative of the Mendoza region. Balanced would be the ideal descriptor for the 2015 vintage.
Ruby-colored, with complex, ripe, red fruit aromas and spicy nuances. This Estate Malbec is round, with soft tannins and good, balanced concentration in the mouth.
This wine pairs very well with grilled pork tenderloin, lamb and veal with fresh herbs.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 6.80 g/l
AGING: 50% in French oak for 12 months
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: Yes
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.80 g/l
points of distinction
- 100% Estate Grown
- Grapes come from Luján de Cuyo and Uco Valley in Mendoza
- Each vineyard receives Terroir Management® treatments
- Extended aging in oak gives the wine more structure
- Low yields of only 1.5 bottles per vine
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Chardonnay
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Torrontés