Classic Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s Classic Cabernet Sauvignon shows the distinct characteristics of this variety. With ripe and spicy berries, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. All grapes are hand-picked and carefully destemmed before being placed into stainless steel tanks, where they undergo fermentation over a 7-day period, with frequent pumping over, followed by maceration for 10 additional days. The wine is then aged in French oak for 6 months.
The 2015 vintage was unique for Mendoza. While the alcohol content in the wines is a bit lower than usual, acidity levels are very pleasant. The general balance of the wines is good and intensity of aromas is excellent. The concentration of the wine is typical and the great balance between alcohol and acidity gives a long and fruity finish. The general style is somewhat different though not a vast departure from some previous vintages. Balanced would be the ideal descriptor of the 2015 vintage.
Displays layered aromas of ripe, red fruits with black pepper and toasted oak notes before juicy red berry flavors on the palate; medium-bodied and balanced. The wine has smooth tannins and a touch of oak on the long finish.
This wine has a charming character that is perfect for accompanying barbecues, pasta with intense sauces or hard and semi-hard cheese.
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
AGING: 6 months in French oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.20 g/l
points of distinction
- Great introduction to the best of Argentina
- Perfect for everyday consumption
- All fruit is hand-harvested
- Approachable and fruit-forward
- Excellent value
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec