Classic Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s Classic Cabernet Sauvignon shows the distinct characteristics of this variety. With ripe and spicy berries, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. The wine is aged in French oak for 6 months.
The 2014 vintage in Mendoza was late due to uncommonly cold months of February and March, after an extremely hot and dry summer. Fortunately, no hail storms damaged the vineyards this year. The Valle de Uco vineyards produced more than their historical average while Lujan de Cuyo vineyards experienced a low production. Patience was key in achieving good maturity for the grapes – the reds show above average intensity of aromas and a good acidity. The alcohol content in the wines is slightly lower than usual. The 2014 harvest produced very good wines.
Displays layered aromas of ripe, red fruits with black pepper and toasted oak notes before juicy red berry flavors on the palate; medium-bodied and balanced. The wine has smooth tannins and a touch of oak on the long finish.
This wine has a charming character that is perfect for accompanying barbecues, pasta with intense sauces or hard and semi-hard cheese.
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 5.95 g/l
AGING: 6 months in French Oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.10 g/l
points of distinction
- Great introduction to the best of Argentina
- Perfect for everyday consumption
- All fruit is hand-harvested
- Approachable and fruit-forward
- Excellent value
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec