Classic Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s Classic Cabernet Sauvignon shows the distinct characteristics of this variety. With ripe and spicy berries, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characters and overall quality of wines from Argentina. The wine is aged in American oak for 6 months.
The 2013 harvest was characterised by a good crop. A long, cool growing season produced what many winemakers are calling fresh wines. Up and down temperatures tested winemakers’ patience and required long hang times for grapes to reach full maturation. Malbec, which dominates the country’s quality wine production, was able to fully ripen, yet cool temperatures, especially at night, helped preserve the grape’s intense acidity and aromatics. Much needed spring rains and an absence of a major frost led to a good fruit set as Alta Vista winemakers reported normal to 25 percent higher yields. Hail damage, a regular threat in Mendoza’s high-altitude vineyards, was minimal.
Displays layered aromas of ripe, red fruits with black pepper and toasted oak notes before juicy red berry flavors on the palate; medium-bodied and balanced. The wine has smooth tannins and a touch of oak on the long finish.
This wine has a charming character that is perfect for accompanying barbecues, pasta with intense sauces or hard and semi-hard cheese.
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 6.60 g/l
AGING: 6 months in French Oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.50 g/l
points of distinction
- Great introduction to the best of Argentina
- Excellent value
- All fruit is hand-harvested
- Approachable and fruit-forward
- Perfect for everyday consumption
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Classic Malbec